Curious How Personal Budgeting
Will Help YOU?
Personal budgeting works. Believe me, I’ve lived it. Twenty years ago I was a single mom raising two kids on $20,000 per year. Without my budget planning we would have lost our home. Actually, we would have been lost. Period.
My father taught me the value of money and how to handle it. He absolutely knew how to build a solid financial foundation and he instilled that passion in me.
I’ve tested the personal budgeting lessons I learned from him. I’ve picked up a lot more of my own along the way. In the pages that follow I'll share these solutions with you.
It doesn’t matter if you’re planning for yourself or a family – the process is the same.
You will learn...
√ How to make a budget
√ How to track all of the money you spend
√ How to control your spending
√ Frugal, money saving ideas
√ How to make sure your expenses are covered each month
√ An easy way to cover those annoying annual expenses like insurance and vehicle registration
√ How to end your reliance on plastic money
√ How to break the debt cycle
√ How to make sure the money is ready and waiting when miscellaneous expenses arise
√ Creative ways to make money to help balance your budget
√ Smart money management
Yes, personal budgeting works, but budgeting isn’t magic! It only covers expenses equal to the income you have. We will talk about the importance of having several sources of income, and explore ways to have more money coming in to help balance your budget.
You can do this! I’ll show you a common sense way to manage your money and I'll walk you step-by-step through the system that has worked so well for me all these years.
Sound exciting? If you said yes, you’re one of the rare few who thinks so! But exciting or boring, personal budgeting is a critical step on your way to reduced stress and debt free living. Imagine how good you will feel when you have control over your money – over what’s coming in AND what’s going out.
Let’s get started!
- Budgeting-Works Blog
- The Budgeting-Works Blog will keep you up-to-date on additions and changes to personal-budgeting-works.com. Subscribe here.
- In These Tough Economic Times
- We are definitely facing tough economic times, and budgeting will be more crucial than ever. Budgeting and wise money management will become, for many, a matter of survival.
- The Personal Budget Planning Process
- Personal budget planning is a critical step on your journey to long-term financial health. This glimpse into the process takes the mystery out of budgeting money.
- Making a Budget
- You may think making a budget requires an advance financial degree. Not true! I’ll walk you through the steps, one by one, and I promise to make it as painless as possible.
- How to Make a Budget: Step 1: Identifying Your Expenses
- The first step in learning how to make a budget is to identify all of your expenses. Every penny you spend (even that morning coffee!) should be accounted for.
- Creating a Budget: Step 2
- The next step in creating a budget is to standardize all of your expenses into monthly amounts. Don’t worry – it’s a simple process and I’ll walk you through it.
- How to Create a Budget Step 3: The Balancing Act
- This step in learning how to create a budget is short and sweet. We’re going to find out if your budget balances, or if we have more work to do to trim your expenses.
- Tips on Budgeting: Trim the Fat
- Some of the most fundamental tips on budgeting come into play when you realize that your expenses add up to more than your income.
- Living on a Budget
- Living on a budget is where all of the pieces come together to complete the budgeting puzzle. It will become second nature as you put your budget plan into action.
- Toward Debt Free Living
- Debt free living is entirely possible, even if you feel like you’re drowning in debt. If you’re committed to achieving this goal you can make it happen one step at a time.
- Creative Ways to Make Money to Help Balance Your Budget
- At one time or another we all find ourselves in need of extra income. No worries! There are a lot of creative ways to make money to help your overall budget picture.
- Online Surveys for Cash: Reward Yourself
- Taking online surveys for cash is a great way to make a bit of mad money (these days every little bit helps!) working from home on your own schedule, and have some fun in the process.
- Money Saving Ideas
- When you’re living on a budget, taking advantage of money saving ideas is a great way to make your money stretch and help your finances balance each month.
- Living Frugal: Living Well on Less
- Living frugal doesn’t mean you have to give up fun, good food, or modern conveniences. You can live quite comfortably if you know where to find bargains on the things you need.
- Need Money for College?
- How to accumulate enough money for college? It’s daunting, to be sure, but if you do a little research you can find great sources of free college money.
- Teachers + Budget Planning = A+ Financial Health!
- When it comes to budget planning, teachers find themselves in a unique position. The budget plan explained in detail at personal-budgeting-works.com can help!
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: an Insurance Primer
- Comprehensive insurance coverage is the foundation of a solid financial plan: protection from loss that would create a huge financial burden for you and your family.
- Life Insurance: Critical to Your Financial Foundation
- Life insurance is a critical piece of your financial plan’s foundation. Life can change quickly, and it can be devastating if you don’t have the proper protection in place.
- Individual Health Insurance
- Individual Health Insurance has become complicated, confusing and expensive, and yet it is one of the most important protections you need for yourself and your family.
- Budgeting Tools
- To properly work this or any budgeting system, you need budgeting tools that will help you organize your expenses, balance your budget, and track your finances month-to-month.
- Find Out More Now!: Information, Resources and Links
- Find out more now about budgeting and money management.
- Contribute to Personal Budgeting
- Would you like to share your knowledge about personal budgeting? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.